Written by 09:31 News, Saudi Arabia

NASA vs. Boeing: What Really Happened During the Starliner Astronaut Flight?

NASA vs. Boeing: What Really Happened During the Starliner Astronaut Flight?

Following the disastrous Starliner voyage that stranded two astronauts on the International Space Station for months, the newly appointed head of NASA slammed Boeing and the space agency on Thursday.

The problems with Starliner were caused by incompetent leadership and decisions made by Boeing, according to Administrator Jared Isaacman. He further said that NASA officials should have stepped in to rescue Butch Wilmore and Suni Williams sooner.

The two former NASA test pilots stayed in the station for over nine months until taking a ride back with SpaceX in March of last year. Before any more astronauts strap into Starliner, Isaacman said the difficulties with the spacecraft must be properly understood and resolved.

Isaacman made a broad and dramatic statement by elevating the gravity of the Starliner astronauts’ tumultuous debut, labelling it a “Type A mishap” that posed a threat to the crew. Cultural and leadership blunders were similarly implicated in the Challenger and Columbia space shuttle catastrophes. According to Isaacman, who cited internal pressure to keep Boeing on board and flights on pace, it is a mistake that Starliner was not classified as a major disaster from the beginning.

Also Read:

Breaking Barriers: Celebrating Leaders, Innovators, and Decision-Makers in GCC 

Palestinians in Israeli Prisons Face Abuse and Cover-ups, Reports Reveal Alarming Reality

Visited 3 times, 3 visit(s) today
Close